In our culture, many times it seems that the attention lavished on a pregnant woman is simply diverted to the baby after birth. I believe that when we continue to provide a high degree of care and support to women after they’ve given birth, they are able to mother their children more energetically and confidently.
Postpartum acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine can help with:
- Breastfeeding problems
- Postsurgical pain or c-section scar healing
- Pelvic and other musculoskeletal pain
- Urinary retention or urinary incontinence
- Anxiety and/or depression
- Swelling (edema)
- General recovery including regaining energy, normalizing digestion and emotional support
Some techniques I may use include:
- Acustimulation (acupressure as well as lessons and personalized point recommendations)
- Recommendations on foods, teas and supplements
I am happy to offer postpartum home visits or virtual visits (via a secure video chat platform), as over the years I’ve found it can be difficult for new moms to arrange time to make the trip into the office. You may lie on your bed or couch during the treatment and I will bring all the supplies! **Home visits are available within Manhattan below 110th St or areas of Brooklyn, Queens and NJ which are within 30 minutes of Union Square by public transportation. Please inquire here.**
Do you have a question for Susan?