Since acupuncture has been declared an essential service and I am now seeing patients in person again, I have implemented standards based on ASNY and CCAOM recommendations to keep everyone in the office safe. While it’s important to me that the office still feels comfortable, beautiful and welcoming, during these times cleanliness takes precedence. Here are the steps we’re taking:
All practitioners in the office are following the same guidelines. We have each committed to:
- Wear scrubs and masks at all times, take our temperatures before coming to the office and sign a daily declaration that we are not showing symptoms of illness and haven’t been in recent close contact with anyone who has.
- As always, wash our hands before and after each patient interaction as well as immediately upon arrival to the office.
- We have reduced patient load to 50% of capacity to ensure physical distancing, and are allocating more time after each appointment for thorough cleaning of the treatment room.
We can’t maintain a safe environment without your help. Here’s what I require on your part:
- Please wear a mask while in the office. If you forget your mask or don’t have one, I will provide one for you.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment- neither very early nor late. We are spacing out appointments in a specific way so that there is extra time for sanitizing treatment rooms. This scheduling system eliminates the need for using the waiting room and greatly reduces the chance you’ll encounter any other patients in the hallway.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer (available in the office) immediately upon arrival. From here, I’ll use a touchless thermometer to be sure you aren’t showing signs of a fever.
24 hours before your appointment, you’ll receive a link to complete and sign a declaration that you are not showing symptoms of illness and that you haven’t been in recent close contact with anyone who has. If you are sick, you must reschedule your appointment.
- Before your appointment, we’ll either have a 10 minute call or you can fill out a short intake form which will update me on your symptoms and progress. New patient consultations will be done virtually. This will help minimize the time you and I spend in the treatment room together, which reduces risk.
- Please don’t bring anyone with you to your appointment unless they are providing physical assistance and the person is pre-approved.
- In order to reduce the need to change in and out of clothing, please wear loose-fitting garments that can easily be rolled up just above your knees and elbows.
- After every appointment, the treatment room is meticulously cleaned according to a written protocol and using products which have been approved by the EPA against coronavirus. The date and time each room was cleaned is logged on a spreadsheet.
- At the end of every day, the floors and other high traffic areas are cleaned. The doorknob to the clinic is cleaned multiple times daily.
- You will notice that we’ve adopted a bit of a minimalist decor in order to aid in cleaning- we’ve removed rugs and chairs with fabric covering in favor of hard surfaces that can be more easily cleaned.
- Contactless payments: All patients are required to keep a credit card on file for payments. It’s quicker for everyone and much safer. As always, your card is never charged without your permission and advance notice.
- Scheduling: I ask that you schedule your appointments online or via phone or email in order to minimize the time you spend in the office.
Do you have a question for Susan?